Thursday, September 12, 2019

Think about These Things


Meditate on this verse:
But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. Psalm 1:2 NASB

It is important to read and study scripture in context so that there can be understanding and so the scripture is not distorted. So here is this verse in context:
A Tree Planted by the Water.
Israeli Kibbutz
How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand in the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers. The wicked are not so, But they are like chaff which the wind drives away. Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. For the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. Psalm 1:1-6 NASB
Sometime memorizing is beyond a person’s ability—so just meditate on His word. Focus. Repeat the verse over and over. Ask yourself: how does the verse apply to my life? Think on it.

Anyone who walks the way Jesus walks…not in the counsel of the wicked; stands with the righteous—not with the sinners; and sits in the seat alongside those who are positive and encouraging—not the scoffers, is blessed. How does one learn about walking with Jesus, being righteous or encouraging others? The best way is to know God’s word.

Help me understand the meaning of your commandments, and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds. Psalm 119:27
Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD. Joyful are those who obey his laws and search for him with all their hearts. They do not compromise with evil, and they walk only in his paths. You have charged us to keep your commandments carefully. Oh, that my actions would consistently reflect your decrees! Then I will not be ashamed when I compare my life with your commands. As I learn your righteous regulations, I will thank you by living as I should! I will obey your decrees. Please don't give up on me! ... I lie in the dust; revive me by your word. I told you my plans, and you answered. Now teach me your decrees. Help me understand the meaning of your commandments, and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds. I weep with sorrow; encourage me by your word. Keep me from lying to myself; give me the privilege of knowing your instructions. I have chosen to be faithful; I have determined to live by your regulations. I cling to your laws. LORD, don't let me be put to shame! Psalm 119:1-8, 25-31
Meditate. Think on these things. Are you meditating on God’s word today?

Prayer ~ Lord God, You are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for You in this parched and weary land where there is no water. ... I lie awake thinking of You, meditating on You and on Your Word through the night. Psalm 63:1, 6

Daily Bible Reading: Joel

© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blueletterbible.org/.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: