Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Let the Banquet Begin


Memory Verse:
In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:2-3 NASB

As always we must look at the verse in context. Jesus was speaking to His disciples just after they’d eaten the Last Supper Passover meal before His arrest and ultimately His death.
Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. And you know the way to where I am going." "No, we don't know, Lord," Thomas said. "We have no idea where you are going, so how can we know the way?" Jesus told him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:1-6
Is this our new house?
Zebra and sheep in Tel Aviv, Israel.
When everything is ready…when will that be? Only God the Father knows. In the meantime, don’t worry. No worries. No troubles. Just trust the Lord God. The Heavenly Father, like the bridegroom’s father, will decide when the new home is ready for the bridegroom and his wife. Then there will be a great celebration! Hurrah!

Has anyone ever built you a new home? When I was eight my parents built what seemed like a grand wonderful new house for our family. Now I know it is just a modest ranch, with a basement, but it was huge for us. We moved in and celebrated. Moving into any different house is cause for a party.
Jesus has told us that He is preparing the place and that we will always be with Him there. Always…forever! Then He goes on to explain that He is the way, the truth, and the life. The way to the Father—the Father who is in Heaven. Life. Jesus is the life. Life everlasting…forever…always. These are mind boggling concepts—but true. Jesus is the truth. In the Book of Hebrews it says that Jesus can’t lie. It is impossible for God…for Jesus…to lie.
Now when people take an oath, they call on someone greater than themselves to hold them to it. And without any question that oath is binding. God also bound himself with an oath, so that those who received the promise could be perfectly sure that he would never change his mind. So God has given both his promise and his oath. These two things are unchangeable because it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. Hebrews 6:16-18  
(Underlined for emphasis.)
Jesus is preparing a place for us. We can count on Jesus to do what He says He’ll do. That gives us hope. Hope for an eternal home with Him.

What do you imagine your home in Heaven will be like?

Prayer ~ Lord God, I am excited to know that one day we will all celebrate at a Banquet at Your home…in Heaven. Together. Forever. What a day that will be…when we see Jesus face to face and can Thank Him for taking our place on the cross—for all that He suffered.  It will be a joyous celebration…after just a humbling moment to acknowledge that Jesus loved us enough to suffer for us and to have an opportunity to Thank Him face to face. For now…Thank You, Jesus.

Daily Bible Reading: Ezekiel 23-24
© 2019 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blueletterbible.org/.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: