Thursday, December 14, 2017

Waiting?

Daily Advent Lectionery Readings - Thursday December 14th 
Psalm 126
Habakkuk 2:1-5
Philippians 3:7-11

Teach me Your way, O LORD, and lead me in a level path because of my foes. Do not deliver me over to the desire of my adversaries, For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence. I would have despaired unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the LORD. Psalm 27:11-14 (NASB)



We all need to be taught. Are you teachable? God's ways are the best--totally worthy of learning--to be pleasing to Him. That is what I live for--to please the Lord.

For what are you waiting?
Waiting...that is a big part of Advent. Waiting on the Lord--waiting initially for the birth of Jesus...now we are waiting for His return. We wait for Christmas. We wait for answers to prayers. We wait for all things...time to do things...time to eat...time for vacation...time to get up...time to go to bed. For what are you waiting? Can you be strong and courageous as you wait for the Lord?

Prayer ~  Teach us Lord--to hear Your voice that we would live to please You in all that we think, say and do. May You be glorified.

Daily Bible Reading: Acts 27-28
Advent Random Act of Kindness - Let someone go in front of you in line.
© 2017 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: