Friday, December 29, 2017

Pure Promises Revisited

The LORD's promises are pure, like silver refined in a furnace, purified seven times over. Psalm 12:6  

When silver is mined it is combined with other metals like copper and gold. It is not in a pure state so silver has to go through a process to become pure. God treats His chosen ones in much the same way. We have to be pure to one day stand before the throne of God. Only the holy can enter into His presence. 

Listen to me, O family of Jacob, you who are called by the name of Israel and born into the family of Judah. Listen, you who take oaths in the name of the LORD and call on the God of Israel. You don't keep your promises, even though you call yourself the holy city and talk about depending on the God of Israel, whose name is the LORD of Heaven's Armies. Long ago I told you what was going to happen. Then suddenly I took action, and all my predictions came true. For I know how stubborn and obstinate you are. Your necks are as unbending as iron. Your heads are as hard as bronze. That is why I told you what would happen; I told you beforehand what I was going to do. Then you could never say, 'My idols did it. My wooden image and metal god commanded it to happen!' You have heard my predictions and seen them fulfilled, but you refuse to admit it. Now I will tell you new things, secrets you have not yet heard. They are brand new, not things from the past. So you cannot say, 'We knew that all the time!' Yes, I will tell you of things that are entirely new, things you never heard of before. For I know so well what traitors you are. You have been rebels from birth. Yet for my own sake and for the honor of my name, I will hold back my anger and not wipe you out. I have refined you, but not as silver is refined. Rather, I have refined you in the furnace of suffering. I will rescue you for my sake—yes, for my own sake! I will not let my reputation be tarnished, and I will not share my glory with idols! Listen to me, O family of Jacob, Israel my chosen one! I alone am God, the First and the Last. Isaiah 48:1-12.

Zechariah wrote about the end times and the fate of the Israelites. Some of them will be refined—just like silver.

Two-thirds of the people in the land will be cut off and die," says the LORD. "But one-third will be left in the land. I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, 'These are my people,' and they will say, 'The LORD is our God.'" Zechariah 13:8-9.

We must be pure…

Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but the LORD tests the heart. Proverbs 17:3.

As God's partners, we beg you not to accept this marvelous gift of God's kindness and then ignore it. For God says, "At just the right time, I heard you. On the day of salvation, I helped you. “Indeed, the "right time" is now. Today is the day of salvation. ... We prove ourselves by our purity, our understanding, our patience, our kindness, by the Holy Spirit within us, and by our sincere love. 2 Corinthians 6:1-2, 6. 

You must be holy because I, the LORD, am holy. I have set you apart from all other people to be my very own. Leviticus 20:26. 

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted to do, and it gave Him great pleasure. Ephesians 1:3-5.

Even as children of God…we must be holy and pure. It’s all about our choices. Choices we make before our holy and pure God. The God whose promises are pure. Look for His promises in His Word.  

Prayer ~ Lord God, as we end this year and look forward to a new year, show us Your promises and help us to live pure and holy lives that are acceptable to You.

Bible Reading:December 29 - Revelation 6 -11 

Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table

As usual every Friday is Feast Day—Feasting at the King’s Table. We can’t live on just spiritual food …nor can we live on bread alone. We’ve got to have some meat, veggies and fruit. How those are seasoned makes a big difference. Herbs and Spices are the keys to tasty foods. Last January I shared an old chart that I’ve tucked in my spice cupboard for years that shows which herbs to use with particular foods. Sharing again to end this year. It’s been very helpful to me. Enjoy!

Herb Chart


Basil
Dill
Marjoram
Oregano
Rosemary
Sage
Thyme
Appetizers
& Soup
Seafood cocktail
Dips
Bean, pea, tomato soups
Clam chowder
Beef stew
Avocado Salad
Dips
Bean, borsch.
Split pea  & tomato soups
Lamb stew
Avocados
Mushrooms
Pats
Clam chowder
Onion, chicken, potato soups
Vegetable Juice
Beef, been, game, tomato soups
Bouillon
Stews
Fruit cups
Chicken, pea, spinach soups
Cheese dips
Pates
Chowders
Consommé
Chicken & bland cream soups
Seafood or vegetable juice cocktails
Gumbo
Fish chowder
Borsch
Meats & Main Dishes
Beef
Pork
Lamb
Pizza
Spaghetti
Beef 
Lamb chops and steaks
Rice dishes
Hamburgers
Beef, pork, 
lamb, veal
Swiss steak
Hamburgers
Veal, liver, pizza spaghetti
Beef, game, lamb, pork, veal Cheese sauces
Cold roast beef
Pork, lamb, veal
Cheese fondue
Roast
Variety meats
Eggs 
& Poultry
Fried chicken
Omelets
Soufflés
Chicken
Deviled eggs
Chicken
Turkey
Scrambled Eggs
Omelets
Soufflés
Chicken
Pheasant
Boiled eggs
Egg sandwiches
All poultry
Deviled eggs
Scrambled eggs
Omelets

Chicken
Turkey
Duckling
Poultry stuffing
Omelets
Roast duckling
Poultry stuffing
Scrambled eggs
Omelets
Soufflés
Seafood
Fish fillets
Tuna
Shellfish
Seafood cocktail
Salmon
Shellfish
Salmon loaf
Shellfish
Broiled seafood
Shellfish
Fish stuffing
Creamed seafood
Salmon
Fish filets

Tuna
Salads 
Dressings
& Sauces
Seafood
Cucumber
Tomato
French, Italian & Russian Dressing
Seafood
Cottage cheese
Potato
French and sour cream dressings
Gravy
Seafood
Chicken
Egg
Greens
French dressing
Gravy
Seafood
Egg
Vegetable
Guacamole dip
Butter sauce
Cheese Spread
Spinach
Fruit
Chicken
French dressing
Chicken
Cottage cheese
Greens
Tomato
Tomato aspic
Vegetables
Asparagus
Green beans
Squash
Tomatoes
Cabbage
Carrots
Cauliflower
Peas
Potatoes
Sauerkraut
Celery
Eggplant
Greens
Potatoes
Zucchini
Broccoli
Cabbage
Mushrooms
Onions
Tomatoes
Lentils
Mushrooms
Peas
Potatoes
Spinach
Brussel sprouts
Lima beans
Squash
Tomatoes
Artichokes
Carrots
Green beans
Mushrooms
Peas
Potatoes
Breads

Onion rolls
Dill bread
Cottage cheese bread

Herb bread
Herb bread
Biscuits
Cornbread
Biscuits
Cornbread
Herb bread
Desserts
Fruit Compotes
Green Apple Pie
Cooked Fruit
Fruit Cups



Custard

 © 2017 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
www.blueletterbible.org/dailyreading




No comments: