Friday, December 8, 2017

Who Will You Tell Today?

Advent Daily Lectionery Readings:
Psalm 85:1-2, 8-13
Jeremiah 1:4-10
Acts 11:19-26

The LORD gave me this message:
"I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations." "O Sovereign LORD," I said, "I can't speak for you! I'm too young!" The LORD replied, "Don't say, 'I'm too young,' for you must go wherever I send you and say whatever I tell you. And don't be afraid of the people, for I will be with you and will protect you. I, the LORD, have spoken!" Then the LORD reached out and touched my mouth and said, "Look, I have put my words in your mouth! Today I appoint you to stand up against nations and kingdoms. Some you must uproot and tear down, destroy and overthrow. Others you must build up and plant." Jeremiah 1:4-10

The Lord sent Jeremiah to speak to the Israelites. Similarly, Jesus commanded His disciples and us to go...
Jesus came and told his disciples, "I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age." Matthew 28:18-20.
                              Sweet, joyous words--like those that would come from a sunflower.

To teach someone, you must have words to say. Put words in my mouth. Give me the right word to say. That is my request! Like Jeremiah I am often at loss for words to say. How can I ever convince someone that Jesus is the Messiah. I hesitate. Then the words come to my mind and take form in my mouth. Words that could only come from the Lord. He is the Messiah. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him will have eternal life. John 3:16. God gave us His promise...His Son. Believe. That is a good verse with which to start. It is the first one most children memorize. Let Him put words in your mouth to share...to teach...to make disciples in your neighborhood, community, state or region...and the world. Who will you tell today?

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, give me words to say that I may share and show your love with others.
Daily Bible Reading - Romans 4-7
Advent Random Acts of Kindness - Donate a package of new socks to a local shelter.


Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
The best foods are healthy foods like this Holiday Squash that I recently taste tested at our local grocery store and then made it for hubby and myself.

Holiday Squash
1 large butternut squash ( I used a cooked acorn squash) peeled and diced
Olive oil
Salt & pepper
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries
2 Tbsp maple syrup
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup feta cheese
Parsley

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Mix squash, salt, peppered oil in a large roasting pan. Bake for 25 minutes or until squash is oft.Add cranberries and bake another 10 minutes until softened.
Mix maple syrup and cinnamon together. Drizzle over the cooked squash and cranberries Add feta and parsley. Serve  warm and enjoy.
© 2017 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.





No comments: