Thursday, December 28, 2017

Promises for 2017

God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through? Numbers 23:19

Has God ever made a promise and not kept it? During 2017 we've looked at promises throughout the Bible. What is your favorite promise from the Lord? Here are a few of the promises.
     - Then the LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him."   Genesis 2:18
     - Then he said to the woman, "I will sharpen the pain of your pregnancy, and in pain you will give birth. And you will desire to control your husband, but he will rule over you. Genesis 3:16
    And the LORD was pleased with the aroma of the sacrifice and said to himself, "I will never again curse the ground because of the human race, even though everything they think or imagine is bent toward evil from childhood. I will never again destroy all living things. Genesis 8:21
    - I will make you into a great nation. I will bless you and make you famous, and you will be a blessing to others. Genesis 12:2
     - Then the LORD appeared to Abram and said, "I will give this land to your descendants. And Abram built an altar there and dedicated it to the LORD, who had appeared to him. Genesis 12:7
    - This is my covenant with you: I will make you the father of a multitude of nations! Genesis 17:4
    - No, don't be afraid. I will continue to take care of you and your children." So he reassured them by speaking kindly to them. Genesis 50:21
    - Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say." Exodus 4:12                      - I will bring you into the land I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. I will give it to you as your very own possession. I am the LORD! Exodus 6:8
     - Therefore, the LORD, the God of Israel, says: I promised that your branch of the tribe of Levi  would always be my priests. But I will honor those who honor me, and I will despise those who think lightly of me. 1 Samuel 2:30
     - I will give you what you asked for! I will give you a wise and understanding heart such as no one else has had or ever will have! 1 Kings 3:12
   - But you will have a son who will be a man of peace. I will give him peace with his enemies in all the surrounding lands. His name will be Solomon, and I will give peace and quiet to Israel during his reign. 1 Chronicles 22:9
     - The LORD replies, "I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do." Psalm 12:5
     - "On that day of judgment," says the LORD, "I will punish the leaders and princes of Judah and all those following pagan customs." Zephaniah 1:8
     - And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you. John 14:16
     - You have sorrow now, but I will see you again; then you will rejoice, and no one can rob you of that joy. John 16:22
     - In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 (NASB)
    - I will not abandon you as orphans--I will come to you. John 14:18
    - Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them. John 14:21
     - 'In the last days,' God says, 'I will pour out my Spirit upon all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy. Your young men will see visions, and your old men will dream dreams. Acts 2:17
    - For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose" Romans 9:15
    - For God said to Moses, "I will show mercy to anyone I choose, and I will show compassion to anyone I choose" Romans 9:15
   - Concerning the Gentiles, God says in the prophecy of Hosea, "Those who were not my people, I will now call my people. And I will love those whom I did not love before." Romans 9:25
     - For the Scriptures say, "'As surely as I live,' says the LORD, 'every knee will bend to me, and every tongue will confess and give praise to God. Romans 14:11

The best is yet to come...God promises a heavenly home.
God promises are pure. Look for His promises in His Word.  E-mail me to let me know which  promise God has given to you.

Prayer ~ Lord God, show us Your promises and help us to live pure and holy lives that are acceptable to You.
 © 2017 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
www.blueletterbible.org/dailyreading




No comments: