Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Hope in the Lord


I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!" The LORD is good to those who depend on Him, to those who search for Him. So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the LORD. And it is good for people to submit at an early age to the yoke of His discipline…. Lamentations 3:24-27



The Inheritance of Security in a Home with a  Water View
The Ark in the Netherlands
What is your inheritance? Farmland, lakeside or ocean view property, a house or a mansion, stocks and bonds, or diamonds and pearls? Maybe just an old 1985 Nissan pick-up truck? If you are considering your spiritual inheritance, is it a home in heaven? A room in the Father’s heavenly house as Jesus described in John 14 is a spiritual inheritance that Jesus is preparing for us. In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. John 14:2 NASB. What an assurance that Jesus gives us. Not only will we have a home in Heaven…but He himself is going to prepare that place for us. It is like the preparation that a young Jewish man makes when he is betrothed. He adds onto his father’s home and when that addition is ready his father sends for the bridal party and they all gather in the father’s house for the celebration of the marriage and a banquet feast. The Lord is my spiritual inheritance—dining at His banquet table will be an honor and a joy. I put my hope in Him. My hope for eternal life, my hope for understanding, my hope for revelation and understanding of the Lord as I search for Him in God’s word. God has promised…My hope will not disappoint you.

And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:3-5 NASB

I keep coming back to this…God’s hope will not disappoint me…it will not disappoint you either. Look for His hope in your life and give thanks when you find it.



Prayer ~ Dear God, we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; and hope does not disappoint, because Your love has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:3-5 NASB. I praise You for the hope…for joy, release from fears, worries and petty concerns, for opportunities to serve You, for Your love and guidance in my life, and for a glorious future prepared for me in Heaven. I thank You for who You are…my Lord, my Savior, my King, my spiritual security…my God.



© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: