Wednesday, March 11, 2015

What Pit Are You In?

Daniel distinguished himself above the administrators and satraps because he had an extraordinary spirit, so the king planned to set him over the whole realm. Daniel 6:3 HCSB 

Just like Joseph distinguished himself by interpreting Pharaoh’s dreams, Daniel proved himself to be extraordinary in his honesty, interpretation, knowledge and in his devotion to His God. Daniel was filled again and again with the Holy Spirit. The plot thickened and Daniel was sent to the lions’ den—but that wasn’t the end of the story. God was with Daniel there in that lions’ den…just like He had been with Joseph in jail. He is with each of us no matter what pit we find ourselves in. Pit of pain, loneliness, regrets or whatever…. He is there with us. He promised. He keeps His promises. Be satisfied with what you have, for He Himself has said, I will never leave you or forsake you. Hebrews 13:5 HCSB  

Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, Help me to be satisfied with what You have provided…for You are my shepherd, providing all I need. I claim Your promise that You will never leave me or forsake me. What comfort that gives me, my family, friends and neighbors in all that we do…and it whatever lies ahead of each of us.

© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: