Monday, August 7, 2023

Prayer – Lord Jesus, I understand that You’ve promised the faithful followers will be rewarded with the crown of life. I believe in You, Jesus, as my Lord, Savior, Redeemer…and friend. I love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength. Help me endure any testing, trials, and temptations that come my way—so that with that endurance You will bless me…and all the faithful believers. Help us all to be just that…faithful.

Who may worship in your sanctuary, LORD? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill? Those who lead blameless lives and do what is right, speaking the truth from sincere hearts. Those who refuse to gossip or harm their neighbors or speak evil of their friends. Those who despise flagrant sinners, and honor the faithful followers of the LORD, and keep their promises even when it hurts. Those who lend money without charging interest, and who cannot be bribed to lie about the innocent. Such people will stand firm forever. Psalm 15:1-5 (Underlined for emphasis.)

 

Meditate. Consider God’s guidance in scripture. Read God’s word and listen to what He is saying.

 

Are you a faithful follower? Are you even a follower of Christ?

Do you realize the importance of being faithful? What does it mean to be faithful? According to Strong’s Definitions in the Blue Letter Bible, faithful is being objectively, trustworthy, subjectively, trustful, believing, sure, and true. To that, I would add obedient. God expects His followers to obey His directives, His commandments. God is a good example to His followers. He is faithful to His chosen ones and those who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God, the Savior for all mankind.

Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens. You have done such wonderful things. Who can compare with you, O God? You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me once again. Then I will praise you with music on the harp, because you are faithful to your promises, O my God. I will sing praises to you with a lyre, O Holy One of Israel. Psalm 71:19-22 (Underlined for emphasis.)

 

Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. 1 Chronicles 16:34

Faithful, obedient, truthful, sincere, and blameless.

God is wonderfully faithful to those who love Him. Are you faithful to Him? Jesus had John write to the church at Smyrna about remaining faithful.

Don't be afraid of what you are about to suffer. The devil will throw some of you into prison to test you. You will suffer for ten days. But if you remain faithful even when facing death, I will give you the crown of life. Revelation 2:10

 

God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

We are all going to die sometime—but are you courageous enough not to be afraid when you are forced to suffer and can you endure one of the greatest tests of time— anguish when facing imminent death? Can you be a faithful follower even if you are tested and threatened with death? Can you be obedient to God no matter what happens in your life? Are you a faithful follower?

 

Verse of Salvation ~ I rejoice in your word like one who discovers a great treasure. I hate and abhor all falsehood, but I love your instructions. I will praise you seven times a day because all your regulations are just. Those who love your instructions have great peace and do not stumble. I long for your rescue, LORD, so I have obeyed your commands. I have obeyed your laws, for I love them very much. Yes, I obey your commandments and laws because you know everything I do. Psalm 119:162-168

 

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: