Saturday, May 20, 2023

Trust the Lord with Your Spirit

Prayer – Lord, I trust You and come to Your seeking help and protection. Your give me strength and hope. You are my rock—the solid part of my life, giving me inner strength. 

O LORD, I have come to you for protection; don't let me be disgraced. Save me, for you do what is right. Turn your ear to listen to me; rescue me quickly. Be my rock of protection, a fortress where I will be safe. You are my rock and my fortress. For the honor of your name, lead me out of this danger. Pull me from the trap my enemies set for me, for I find protection in you alone. I entrust my spirit into your hand. Rescue me, LORD, for you are a faithful God. Psalm 31:1-5

 

Meditate. Consider your spirit and God’s Spirit. 

Take a good look at yourself.
Who do you trust?

Where do you go when you need help or strength…encouragement? The Holy Spirit gave David protection from his enemies, strength, peace, and hope. David trusted God. God listens to and rescued Him. Who or what do you trust to give you strength, to rescue you physically, emotionally, or spiritually? Is it a friend, parent, other relative, a bottle or other drug of choice, a self-help book, or is it God and scripture? Take a good look at yourself, your habits, where you seek help, and who you trust.

Verse of Salvation ~ He (David) sang: "The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies.” 2 Samuel 22:2-4

 

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: