Monday, May 15, 2023

Seek the Light

Prayer – Lord, I am looking for You—searching for You with all my heart, soul, mind and strength, because I love You more than life itself. Fill me with Your light and Your life. Show me new truths about You today. 

Sunrise on the Columbia River
No clouds
A hot day ahead--but Jesus is the Light.
These are the last words of David: "David, the son of Jesse, speaks—David, the man who was raised up so high, David, the man anointed by the God of Jacob, David, the sweet psalmist of Israel. "The Spirit of the LORD speaks through me; his words are upon my tongue. The God of Israel spoke. The Rock of Israel said to me: 'The one who rules righteously, who rules in the fear of God, is like the light of morning at sunrise, like a morning without clouds, like the gleaming of the sun on new grass after rain.'” 2 Samuel 23:1-4

 

Meditate. Read God’s word and listen to what He has spoken to us through others.

 

Final words. Are they remembered the most?  My parents last words were each simply "Good Bye." When we consider Jesus final words on the cross, it includes, “I thirst” and “It is finished.At times we all “thirst” and Mother Teresa wrote a special message entitled, “I Thirst.” In that message she said…“Only one secret: The closer we come to Jesus, the better we will know his thirst.” The closer we come to Jesus…how close are you to Him? Are you building a strong relationship with Him? How much time have you spent with Him today…this week? Are you thirsty for His words and His light in your life?

 

Are you open to Holy Spirit? David acknowledged that the Spirit of the Lord spoke through him. In another Psalm, written by Asaph, we see the goodness of God and are reminded how good it is to be near God.

Truly God is good to Israel, to those whose hearts are pure. But as for me, I almost lost my footing. My feet were slipping, and I was almost gone. ... When you arise, O Lord, you will laugh at their silly ideas as a person laughs at dreams in the morning. Then I realized that my heart was bitter, and I was all torn up inside. I was so foolish and ignorant—I must have seemed like a senseless animal to you. Yet I still belong to you; you hold my right hand. You guide me with your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny. Whom have I in heaven but you? I desire you more than anything on earth. My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever. Those who desert him will perish, for you destroy those who abandon you. But as for me, how good it is to be near God! I have made the Sovereign LORD my shelter, and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do. - Psalm 73:1-2, 20-28

God is near to us. As we seek Him, we are assured that we will find Him. Where are you looking for God today?

 

Verses of Salvation ~ The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. Songs of joy and victory are sung in the camp of the godly. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things! The strong right arm of the LORD is raised in triumph. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things! I will not die; instead, I will live to tell what the LORD has done. Psalm 118:14-17

 

© 2023 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted. 

New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 

Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

 

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: