Saturday, September 17, 2022

Prayer – Lord, reveal to me the truth of Your word…what You expect of me and what I can do to serve You. 

Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The LORD rescues them when they are in trouble. The LORD protects them and keeps them alive. He gives them prosperity in the land and rescues them from their enemies. The LORD nurses them when they are sick and restores them to health. "O LORD," I prayed, "have mercy on me. Heal me, for I have sinned against you." But my enemies say nothing but evil about me. "How soon will he die and be forgotten?" they ask. They visit me as if they were my friends, but all the while they gather gossip, and when they leave, they spread it everywhere. All who hate me whisper about me, imagining the worst. "He has some fatal disease," they say. "He will never get out of that bed!" Even my best friend, the one I trusted completely, the one who shared my food, has turned against me. LORD, have mercy on me. Make me well again, so I can pay them back! I know you are pleased with me, for you have not let my enemies triumph over me. You have preserved my life because I am innocent; you have brought me into your presence forever. Praise the LORD, the God of Israel, who lives from everlasting to everlasting. Amen and amen!

God has preserved my life.
Like the butterfly...He has given me new life.
Forever.

Psalm 41:1-13

Meditate. Are you listening? Do you hear what God is saying?

How does the Lord treat those who are compassionate towards the poor?

               He rescues them from their enemies or troubles.

               He protects them and keeps them alive.

               He makes them successfully prosperous.

               He makes them healthy.


God is good to those that take care of His creation that are down and out. Jesus said that we would have the poor with us…and of course, He was right. And it seems that we always have the sick ones also. David is again recording that his friends and enemies are saying that he has a fatal disease, for which he pleads for God’s mercy to heal him. Have you had Covid…and called out to God to have mercy on you? Just like the poor, we will always have some virus or disease with us—mentally or physically. Possibly, spiritually, as well. Pray…call out to God that He would have mercy. We’ll just have to trust in the Lord, because He lives from everlasting to everlasting.        

Verse of Salvation ~ We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. And since we have been made right in God's sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God's condemnation. For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God. Romans 5:3-11

Memory Verse of the Week ~ You are the light of the world—like a city on a hilltop that cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14 

Are you a light on a hilltop…or under a basket?

Did you successfully memorize this verse?

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek

Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

 

No comments: