Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Are You Feeling Strong?

Prayer – Lord, I don’ feel very strong—just tired. Yet I will continue to put my hope in You. 

How great is the goodness you have stored up for those who fear you. You lavish it on those who come to you for protection, blessing them before the watching world. You hide them in the shelter of your presence, safe from those who conspire against them. You shelter them in your presence, far from accusing tongues. Praise the LORD, for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love. He kept me safe when my city was under attack. In panic I cried out, "I am cut off from the LORD!" But you heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help. Love the LORD, all you godly ones! For the LORD protects those who are loyal to him, but he harshly punishes the arrogant. So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the LORD! Psalm 31:19-24 (Read all of Psalm 31.)

Meditate. Don’t lose hope. The Lord loves you so very much.

This Psalm covers a lot, but I chose these verses just to remind us of God’s unfailing love…and the hope that we have in Him. Be strong and courageous. That is a theme that is carried out in 64 verses (NLT) in the Bible. The Holy Spirit inspired both Old and New Testament authors to reassure the readers that the Lord loves us and He has promised to never leave us or forsake us. That is a favorite verse of mine.

·        So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you." Deuteronomy 31:6

·        "Don't be afraid," he said, "for you are very precious to God. Peace! Be encouraged! Be strong!" As he spoke these words to me, I suddenly felt stronger and said to him, "Please speak to me, my lord, for you have strengthened me." Daniel 10:19

·        Keep alert at all times. And pray that you might be strong enough to escape these coming horrors and stand before the Son of Man. Luke 21:36

·        So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 1 Corinthians 15:58

·        Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong. 1 Corinthians 16:13

Waves on the Pacific Ocean 
Oregon Coast
Be strong. God doesn’t want us to be wimpy or wishy-washy, tossed about like a wave…undecisive. Be strong—stand up for God and for yourself. Defend the faith. Take up your cross daily.

Be courageous. Look for courage. You will find it in the Lord. Just like Moses and the Lord both told Joshua…Don’t be afraid. Times ahead will bring trials…and as Luke wrote…there will be coming horrors. Keep alert. Be ready—not surprised. Be strong and immovable. Don’t give in when the going gets rough. Decide ahead of time that you will be strong and courageous. Then trust the Lord. I really like the verse from Daniel that the Lord’s word strengthened him. That is the same thing that happens to me—when I am especially tired, God’s word just makes me feel stronger. Emotionally. Physically. Spiritually.

God is so good. He protects and shows His unfailing love to those who are faithful to Him. Are you feeling strong?

Verse of Salvation ~ Dear friends, I had been eagerly planning to write to you about the salvation we all share. But now I find that I must write about something else, urging you to defend the faith that God has entrusted once for all time to his holy people. Jude 1:3

Memory Verse of the Week ~ I am the LORD, and there is no other Savior. Isaiah 43:11

© 2022 Text, photos, and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Books by Mickey M. Hunacek
Available as e-books or paperbacks at Amazon.com

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Coins in the Bible: New Testament Stories

No comments: