Tuesday, August 3, 2021

Are You in a Fog?

Meditate.

You also must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected. "A faithful, sensible servant is one to whom the master can give the responsibility of managing his other household servants and feeding them. If the master returns and finds that the servant has done a good job, there will be a reward. I tell you the truth, the master will put that servant in charge of all he owns.” Matthew 24:44-47

Fog at the Ocean Shores beach.
Horse riders lost in the fog.
Are you lost in a fog about being faithful?

Are you in a fog about the End Times? Are you “ready all the time”? What does it mean to be “faithful” to the Lord? Jesus gives us several examples about faithful servants. Read about those in Matthew 24 and 25. In one parable He tells about three servants who were given talents or money to invest for their master.

"The master was full of praise. 'Well done, my good and faithful servant. You have been faithful in handling this small amount, so now I will give you many more responsibilities. Let's celebrate together!' Matthew 25:21

The first one did well…and was called a faithful servant. The second was also considered faithful. But the last one—well read it for yourself in Matthew 25:14-30—was considered wicked. We all want to hear that phrase someday…'Well done, my good and faithful servant.’ Well done. That would mean that we’ve been faithful…that we have done what God expects of us. Are we using the talents that He has given us in such a way that they are considered well invested? Talents or money all come from the Lord…the Master…and according to this parable, He expects good investments to occur with those talents. What talents has the Lord given to you…music, art, financial wisdom, a strong back, business savvy, hospitality, creativity in textiles—even ordinary sewing skills, sports, or just compassion for others? The list is endless of the gifts that God gives us. The best gift of all is that of salvation in Jesus Christ. Have you shared Him with others recently or ever?

We recently cooled off at Ocean Shores beach on the Pacific Ocean coast--around three hundred miles from home where it was about forty degrees cooler! There was a lot of fog just rising from the sand. It blocked the view of the entire beach…but sometimes we walk around like that…in a fog. Don’t let a fog hide Jesus from you or hide the opportunities that He gives you to serve Him.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, Thank You once again for Your obedience…for going to the cross for my sin. Help me to clearly see and use the talents and resources You have given me so that I can faithfully serve You by serving others. No fog. Just the light that You provide…for You are the Light of the World. 

Verses of Salvation ~ A prayer of David. Bend down, O LORD, and hear my prayer; answer me, for I need your help. Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God. Be merciful to me, O Lord, for I am calling on you constantly. Give me happiness, O Lord, for I give myself to you. O Lord, you are so good, so ready to forgive, so full of unfailing love for all who ask for your help. Psalm 86:1-5 (Underlined for emphasis.)


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com


No comments: