Thursday, August 5, 2021

A Life of Integrity

Meditate. Consider what integrity means to you.

A psalm of David. I will sing of your love and justice, LORD. I will praise you with songs. I will be careful to live a blameless life—when will you come to help me? I will lead a life of integrity in my own home. I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar. I hate all who deal crookedly; I will have nothing to do with them. I will reject perverse ideas and stay away from every evil. I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors. I will not endure conceit and pride. I will search for faithful people to be my companions. Only those who are above reproach will be allowed to serve me. I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house, and liars will not stay in my presence. My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked and free the city of the LORD from their grip. Psalm 101:1-8

David was known as a “man after God’s own heart.” Like all humans, he sinned—but he repented and continually sought the Lord.

But God removed Saul and replaced him with David, a man about whom God said, 'I have found David son of Jesse, a man after my own heart. He will do everything I want him to do.' Acts 13:22

In this passage from Psalm 101, David is pledging to Lord that he wants to live a blameless life…a life of integrity. Can we also do any less? Look at what David wants to do…

...refusing to look at anything disgusting. Some of us will have to turn off our TVs. David didn’t even have a TV to tempt him to look at awful things.

…hate those who are dishonest and corrupt and not have anything to do with them.

…not put up with slander, conceit or pride.

…look for good, faithful people to be friends; not even being in the presence of deceivers and liars.

…fight for what is right, good and true for the community.

Would the Lord say that you are a person after His own heart? The Lord knows our hearts…we don’t have to tell Him about us…but like David, if we’ve made a mistake, we need to fess up to it. Fess up…confess that sin to the Lord. He is faithful and just to forgive us for our sins…from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9.

How is your relationship with the Lord today?

Prayer ~ Lord, I want to be like David…to be like You. I want to be a person of integrity of whom You will one day say…well done, good and faithful servant. I sing praises to You constantly in my heart…for I love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength.

God is Light.
In Him there is no darkness.
Let God's light shine in your life with integrity.

Verses of Salvation ~ This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in him at all. So we are lying if we say we have fellowship with God but go on living in spiritual darkness; we are not practicing the truth. But if we are living in the light, as God is in the light, then we have fellowship with each other, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, cleanses us from all sin.
1 John 1:5-7

The cleansing blood of Jesus is our Salvation.

 © 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: