Saturday, August 28, 2021

Be Fruitful

Meditate. How are you growing?

Grapes in my yard.
It's about time for the harvest.
Have you remained in God's word?
Have you been fruitful?

I am the true grapevine, and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit, and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more. You have already been pruned and purified by the message I have given you. Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me. Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father. John 15:1-8 

Be fruitful. God commanded Adam and Eve and then Noah and his family to be fruitful and fill the earth. He wants us to do the same…spiritually. Be fruitful. Fill the earth with those who love Him…and are willing to serve Him eternally. Give God more than He asks for. Give Him your best. Be fruitful. In notes from a trip to Israel I wrote…God wants to grow you. 

Jesus is the vine that keeps the nourishment going out to the branches—to the place where the fruit is hanging. If we “remain” in Him by reading His word and living by it, then we will produce fruit for Him. Apart from Him, we can do nothing. No word in our life. No healthy branches. No fruit. The choice is ours. Choose Jesus. Choose life, health and fruitfulness. Be willing to be pruned—to be disciplined—so that you can be fruitful.

Prayer ~ Lord God, just as Jesus explained…"My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing his work. You know the saying, 'Four months between planting and harvest.' But I say, wake up and look around. The fields are already ripe for harvest. The harvesters are paid good wages, and the fruit they harvest is people brought to eternal life. What joy awaits both the planter and the harvester alike! You know the saying, 'One plants and another harvests.' And it's true. I sent you to harvest where you didn't plant; others had already done the work, and now you will get to gather the harvest." John 4:34-38. I am looking around and there’s an opportunity for harvest here. Help each of us who knows You to have the courage to be fruitful as we are nourished by doing Your will. 

Verses of Salvation ~ Jeremiah wrote to the people of Judah Listen to the weeping of my people; it can be heard all across the land. "Has the LORD abandoned Jerusalem?" the people ask. "Is her King no longer there?" "Oh, why have they provoked my anger with their carved idols and their worthless foreign gods?" says the LORD. "The harvest is finished, and the summer is gone," the people cry, "yet we are not saved!" I hurt with the hurt of my people. I mourn and am overcome with grief. Is there no medicine in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why is there no healing for the wounds of my people? Jeremiah 8:19-22

When will the people of Israel seek Jesus as their Messiah…and receive the healing Jesus offers? 

Bible Trivia Answer to the Question: What are the seven fruits of Israel?

               Better known as the seven agricultural products in the Promised Land…the land flowing with milk and honey. These are still important in Israel today.

It is a land of wheat and barley; of grapevines, fig trees, and pomegranates; of olive oil and honey (from dates). Deuteronomy 8:8.

Bible Trivia Question for next week: What are the Seven Feasts of Israel?

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: