Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Prayer Produces Results


Meditate and consider the actions in these verses.
Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results. James 5:16

Confess. Admit. Pray.

 Share a joy or sorrow as you kayak with a friend.
Pray as you commune with God in His glorious nature.
We all need a friend in whom we can totally confide. A pastor friend once told me if I had five friends I could count on then I would never need to go to a counselor! Who are your five friends in whom you can confide? Those may change over the years, months, even weeks due to changes in our lives—location, health, work situation, COVID isolation policies. Still there is one friend we can always count on…Jesus. But there is a need for human contact, fellowship, comradery, devotion and confession. Face it. We NEED people. We NEED prayer. Prayers to God for each other. It feels good to know that friends are praying. Prayer produces results. As in the scripture passage from James…prayer produces wonderful results.

Have you ever kept a prayer journal? How do you know when you get an answer to prayer? I get a reminder often of prayer results—a stop sign with no traffic in sight. Smiling grandchildren who have had medical issues…and are healthy now. An abundance of food on the table. Friends who text or call and care about what is going on in my life, and I show that I care about them in similar ways.

How can I pray for you?

Prayer ~ Lord God, Finally, I confessed all my sins to You and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the LORD." And You forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Psalm 32:5. And I confess my sin to my brothers and sisters in Christ…that they would forgive me…as I have forgiven them, just as You have forgiven me. I praise You and thank you.

Verse of Salvation ~ And pray for me, too. Ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God's mysterious plan that the Good News is for Jews and Gentiles alike. Ephesians 6:19

God’s mysterious plan isn’t such a mystery. It is the Good News of salvation and hope for everyone who believes in Jesus.

© 2020 Text, photos and paintings by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character available at Amazon.com

No comments: