Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Answered Prayers

Meditate and consider Daniel’s experience.

And the man [an angel from God] said to me, "Daniel, you are very precious to God, so listen carefully to what I have to say to you. Stand up, for I have been sent to you." When he said this to me, I stood up, still trembling. Then he said, "Don't be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia. Now I am here to explain what will happen to your people in the future, for this vision concerns a time yet to come." Daniel 10:11-14 

Daniel humbly prayed and his prayers were heard in heaven. His prayers didn’t fall on deaf ears—God heard his prayers, from the first day, and answered them in a mighty way. God sent the angel Gabriel to talk to Daniel—to explain what is going to happen in the future. Prophesy from Daniel’s vision is yet to be fulfilled. We just read it now in amazement. Amazed at the way God used Daniel…amazed that the future was foretold so long ago…and amazed that it is coming true. But we shouldn’t be amazed. God has a plan and it centers around the nation of Israel.

A Sign in Jerusalem

Like Daniel, pray for understanding. Pray for the nation of Israel and for Jerusalem.

Prayer ~ Lord God, hear our prayers and bring peace to those individuals in Israel who believe in You as their Lord and Savior. May even more people there today see You as their Messiah. We praise You.

Verse of Salvation ~ This is what the LORD says: "At just the right time, I will respond to you. On the day of salvation I will help you. I will protect you and give you to the people as my covenant with them. Through you I will reestablish the land of Israel and assign it to its own people again." Isaiah 49:8

© 2020 Text, photos and paintings by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character available at Amazon.com

.


No comments: