Friday, July 3, 2020

Honor God


Meditate.
Pray, then, in this way: 'Our Father who is in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. 'Your kingdom come. Your will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. 'Give us this day our daily bread. 'And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 'And do not lead us into temptation, but deliver us from evil. [For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.']
Matthew 6:9-13 NASB

You’ve heard it said “Practice makes perfect.” Now that you’ve had Jesus’ teaching on prayer it is time to practice it.
Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. Matthew 6:9 NLT
Honor God by keeping His name holy. God expects that…keeping His commands and honoring God and His name. He spoke to the Israelites and His commands are the same for us.
"You must faithfully keep all my commands by putting them into practice, for I am the LORD. Do not bring shame on my holy name, for I will display my holiness among the people of Israel. I am the LORD who makes you holy. It was I who rescued you from the land of Egypt, that I might be your God. I am the LORD."  Leviticus 22:31-33
The Israelites followed His command…sometimes…and daily recited the Shema. Still to this day devout Jews still say the Shema daily.
Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. Deuteronomy 6:4-5
In the Hebrew Masoretic text (as noted in the Blue Letter Bible website)
6:4  שְׁמַע יִשְׂרָאֵל יְהוָה אֱלֹהֵינוּ יְהוָה אֶחָֽד׃
6:5  וְאָהַבְתָּ אֵת יְהוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ בְּכָל־לְבָבְךָ וּבְכָל־נַפְשְׁךָ וּבְכָל־מְאֹדֶֽךָ׃

David was a man after God’s own heart and he wrote…
Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.
Psalm 103:1
That’s how we should pray and praise the Lord…with our whole heart, soul and strength. Daily…or several times a day. Pray continually. Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.

Prayer ~ Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart. Psalm 119:34

Verse of Salvation ~ Cry out, "Save us, O God of our salvation! Gather and rescue us from among the nations, so we can thank your holy name and rejoice and praise you." 1 Chronicles 16:35

Fresh blueberries from my garden. Yum!
Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
As usual every Friday is Feast Day—Feasting at the King’s Table. We can’t live on just spiritual food …nor can we live on bread alone. We’ve got to have some meat, veggies and fruit. We’re going to start our Fourth of July tomorrow with some blue pancakes with fresh raspberry syrup and a side of bacon. Red-white-blue.

Happy Fourth of July to Everyone.
Tomorrow!
Stay Safe

© 2020 Text, photos and paintings by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character available at Amazon.com

No comments: