Monday, March 30, 2020

Do You Want to Be Alone?


Meditate on these words about and from Jesus.
Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life." The Pharisees replied, "You are making those claims about yourself! Such testimony is not valid." Jesus told them, "These claims are valid even though I make them about myself. For I know where I came from and where I am going, but you don't know this about me. You judge me by human standards, but I do not judge anyone. And if I did, my judgment would be correct in every respect because I am not alone. The Father who sent me is with me. Your own law says that if two people agree about something, their witness is accepted as fact. I am one witness, and my Father who sent me is the other." "Where is your father?" they asked. Jesus answered, "Since you don't know who I am, you don't know who my Father is. If you knew me, you would also know my Father." Jesus made these statements while he was teaching in the section of the Temple known as the Treasury. But he was not arrested, because his time had not yet come. John 8:12-20

Jesus is the light of the world. Aren’t you glad for light? We don’t have to stumble around in the dark. On really gray days depression can seep in…especially in these days when we must keep a social distance…and stay home. Alone. But just like Jesus has said…we are not alone. He is with us. He wasn’t alone either as reflected in this scripture. The Father who sent me is with me.

Do you wish you were alone sometimes—when kids are fighting…or you are in a disagreement with your spouse? There can be a lot of extra stress when we are restricted to stay at home…and when there is financial stress within the home and family. Guard your hearts and minds against abuse...physical or mental. It is easy to say…Trust in the Lord…He will provide…He has promised, but to actually trust when there is no milk or eggs in the fridge is hard or when someone you love is angry and in your face. Seek out help at local sites. Most of all…seek Jesus. God is our help. He provides the light for our souls whether we are alone by ourselves or alone in a group.
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1

If you don’t know Jesus as your Savior, seek Him while there is still time. Consider the ABC’s of salvation.
A – Acknowledge or Admit that you are a sinner.
                        No one is righteous—not even one. Romans 3:10
                        For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
            B – Believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:9-10
C – Call on the Name of the Lord
            Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. Romans 10:13

Don’t wait…make your decision to believe in Jesus today. Life is short…we don’t know when our time will be up…or when the Lord will return for His church.

Prayer ~ Lord, You have taught…We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. Romans 3:22. Let our faith in You grow and spill out onto those around us…encouraging and strengthening our hearts. Let your light shine into our lives—bringing hope, peace and strength.
             
© 2020 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: