Monday, March 2, 2020

Are You a Sheep or a Goat?


Meditate on God’s Word today.
But when the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit upon his glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered in his presence, and he will separate the people as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. He will place the sheep at his right hand and the goats at his left.

Then the King will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the creation of the world. For I was hungry, and you fed me. I was thirsty, and you gave me a drink. I was a stranger, and you invited me into your home. I was naked, and you gave me clothing. I was sick, and you cared for me. I was in prison, and you visited me.'

Then these righteous ones will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry and feed you? Or thirsty and give you something to drink? Or a stranger and show you hospitality? Or naked and give you clothing? When did we ever see you sick or in prison and visit you?' "And the King will say, 'I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!'

Then the King will turn to those on the left and say, 'Away with you, you cursed ones, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his demons. For I was hungry, and you didn't feed me. I was thirsty, and you didn't give me a drink. I was a stranger, and you didn't invite me into your home. I was naked, and you didn't give me clothing. I was sick and in prison, and you didn't visit me.'

Then they will reply, 'Lord, when did we ever see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and not help you?' "And he will answer, 'I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help me.' "And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous will go into eternal life." Matthew 25:31-46


Sheep in Israel
This is at the final Judgment. The people will be separated into groups like the sheep, the believers on the right and like the goats, the selfish skeptics on the left. Sheep are obedient followers. Goats are stubborn, headstrong animals. Throughout the Bible to be on the right is to be favored. Jesus is seated at the right hand of the Father in Heaven. He is the favored one.
The LORD said to my Lord, "Sit in the place of honor at my right hand until I humble your enemies, making them a footstool under your feet." Psalm 110:1

Jesus replied, "You have said it. And in the future you will see the Son of Man seated in the place of power at God's right hand and coming on the clouds of heaven." Matthew 26:64

Where will you be in this separation process? Are you not yet in the “sheep” group? It is simple to become part of that group. Just as simple as A-B-C to believe and you will be saved. Consider these verses:
            A – Acknowledge or Admit that you are a sinner.
                        No one is righteous—not even one. Romans 3:10
                        For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard. Romans 3:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23
            B – Believe in your heart that Jesus is the Son of God
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. Romans 10:9-10
C – Call on the Name of the Lord
            Everyone who calls on the name of the LORD will be saved. Romans 10:13

Don’t wait…make your decision today. Life is short…we don’t know when our time will be up…or when the Lord will return for His church. If you are already in the “sheep” group, then be an encourager and tell others about our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Pray for them.
But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say, "How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!" But not everyone welcomes the Good News, for Isaiah the prophet said, "LORD, who has believed our message?" So faith comes from hearing, that is, hearing the Good News about Christ. But I ask, have the people of Israel actually heard the message? Yes, they have: "The message has gone throughout the earth, and the words to all the world." Romans 10:14-18
Has everyone heard the Good News about Christ? He is risen from the dead…He is the Son of God who came to take away the sins of the world. Do you believe? What about your family, friends and neighbors believe?

Prayer ~ Lord, You have taught…We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are. Romans 3:22. Let our faith in You grow and spill out onto those around us…encouraging and strengthening our hearts.

© 2020 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: