Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Be Still and Know that I Am God.


As you seek God, meditate on these words of His today:
Let the oceans roar and foam.
God is our refuge and strength.
God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! A river brings joy to the city of our God, the sacred home of the Most High. God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed. From the very break of day, God will protect it. The nations are in chaos, and their kingdoms crumble! God's voice thunders, and the earth melts! The LORD of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress. Come, see the glorious works of the LORD: See how he brings destruction upon the world. He causes wars to end throughout the earth. He breaks the bow and snaps the spear; he burns the shields with fire. "Be still, and know that I am God! I will be honored by every nation. I will be honored throughout the world." The LORD of Heaven's Armies is here among us; the God of Israel is our fortress. Psalm 46:1-11

One of the greatest verses that help us focus on God…and my Auntie Mercedes’ favorite verse: Be still, and know that I am God! Be quiet before our God—let Him speak to you. A friend of ours recently shared a wonderful custom at a church he used to attend in another community. They had a quiet time during each church service to focus on listening to God. Quiet time. Be still and know that I am God. Don’t focus on yourself…on what is going on around you. Allow your mind to let go of other thoughts, worries, concerns, interests…just concentrate on the Creator, Sustainer, Savior, Comforter. Feel His presence in your heart, soul and mind. Have a tranquil time. Relax—Reflect—Reverence. Honor God. Give Him your respect by giving Him your total and undivided attention. He is God.

God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when…. During this time of pandemic threat…unrest in people’s very souls…we can trust God. He can become the hiding place for those needing to withdraw from others—not only socially, physically, but also spiritually. No fear.

Purity in one’s heart is crucial. God wants us to be spotless. To seek Him…and for Him to be our hiding place, we need to confess our sins. This is not just the initial confession when we first ask Jesus to be our Savior, but continued…daily and hourly if necessary, acknowledgment of our sins, our mistakes and our guilt. David wrote about this in Psalm 32.
Finally, I confessed all my sins to you and stopped trying to hide my guilt. I said to myself, "I will confess my rebellion to the LORD." And you forgave me! All my guilt is gone. Therefore, let all the godly pray to you while there is still time, that they may not drown in the floodwaters of judgment. For you are my hiding place; you protect me from trouble. You surround me with songs of victory. Interlude The LORD says, "I will guide you along the best pathway for your life. I will advise you and watch over you. Psalm 32:5-8
Pray while there is still time. Pray for yourself, for your family, friends, neighbors, coworkers and those in your community facing the depth of this war against the evil in this world…and the virus that is attacking our world.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, Oh, what joy for those whose disobedience is forgiven, whose sin is put out of sight! Yes, what joy for those whose record the LORD has cleared of guilt, whose lives are lived in complete honesty! When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Psalm 32:1-4. After I confessed my sins, You forgave me. Thank you.  I will be still and know that You are God, as I continue to pray while there is still time.

© 2020 Text and photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: