Saturday, July 27, 2019

Sing to the Lord


Memory Verse:
Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:10-12

Renew a Right Spirit within me.
Renewed--new life like a butterfly.
How are you doing memorizing this verse? Did you write it out and post it on your mirror or by your kitchen sink? Have you sung it as a song? The lyrics to a “Create in Me a Clean Heart” were written by Keith Green, recorded, and are a familiar chorus sung in churches today.
Create in Me a Clean Heart
Create in me a clean heart, oh God
And renew a right spirit within me
Create in me a clean heart, oh God
And renew a right spirit within me

Cast me not away from Thy presence, oh Lord
And take not Thy holy spirit from me
Restore unto me the joy of Thy salvation
And renew a right spirit within me.
Each translation of the Bible is a bit different so even the words to this song may vary from the passage that you are trying to memorize—but it is still the Word of God and give us guidance and assurance. Singing the song that Keith Green wrote…or making us a song of your own…will help you to memorize God’s Word. Sing it to the Lord.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, give us the desire to have You renew a right spirit within each of us and create in each of  us a clean heart. Help us to know that You are always with us…we are in Your presence. Don’t take the Holy Spirit from us. Give a renewed and refreshed joy associated with the salvation that You have provided for us.

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 44-48

© 2019 Text and painting by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: