Saturday, July 13, 2019

Can You Be Holy?


Memory Verse:
But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, "You must be holy because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:15-16

Read the verse in context.
So think clearly and exercise self-control. Look forward to the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. So you must live as God's obedient children. Don't slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn't know any better then. But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, "You must be holy because I am holy." And remember that the heavenly Father to whom you pray has no favorites. He will judge or reward you according to what you do. So you must live in reverent fear of him during your time as "foreigners in the land." For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. God chose him as your ransom long before the world began, but he has now revealed him to you in these last days. 1 Peter 1:13-20

Jesus is the ransom for us…He paid the price for our sins…our mistakes…with His life. We can rejoice in His resurrection. His resurrection set Him free…and gave us the assurance of an eventual resurrection for each of us. Without Jesus’ death we could never attain holiness. Our sins were washed away…making us white as snow. Pure. Holy. There is a purity and holiness that one must have in order to stand before our Heavenly Father. Jesus said…"I am the way the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:6. Through belief in Jesus, as well as His death and resurrection, we obtain that purity.

With that search for holiness are you also looking for peace of mind and heart? Jesus promised…
I am leaving you with a gift—peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. Remember what I told you: I am going away, but I will come back to you again. If you really loved me, you would be happy that I am going to the Father, who is greater than I am. I have told you these things before they happen so that when they do happen, you will believe. I don't have much more time to talk to you, because the ruler of this world approaches. He has no power over me, but I will do what the Father requires of me, so that the world will know that I love the Father. Come, let's be going. John 14:27-31
Jesus will return in the clouds.
Can you see Him in the clouds over the Mount of Olives?
Jerusalem, Israel
Jesus was preparing His disciples for His death…and resurrection. And preparing all of us for His return…that is our rapture and His ultimate return at the end of the time…the last days. Some people feel that the last days are all the days since the death and resurrection of Jesus. Jesus told His disciples and us…to be ready…to be prepared. The angels at His tomb said that Jesus would return in the clouds…just as He left. Spiritually, what are you doing to be ready?

Prayer ~ Lord God, I love You with all of my heart, soul, mind and strength. I hear the message…Jesus Christ will return in the clouds…and every knee will bow down to worship Him. Show me what I need to do to be spiritually ready for your return.

Daily Bible Reading: 2 Chronicles 27; Isaiah 9-12
© 2019 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: