Wednesday, July 10, 2019

You Can Endure


Memory Verse:
The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure. 1 Corinthians 10:13

He will show you a way out so that you can endure.
Do you sometimes feel overwhelmed by your own sin…like in this Psalm that David wrote?
LORD, don't hold back your tender mercies from me. Let your unfailing love and faithfulness always protect me. For troubles surround me—too many to count! My sins pile up so high I can't see my way out. They outnumber the hairs on my head. I have lost all courage. Please, LORD, rescue me! Come quickly, LORD, and help me. Psalm 40:11-13
Earlier in that same Psalm David penned some wonderful words praising the Lord.
I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. He has given me a new song to sing, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see what he has done and be amazed. They will put their trust in the LORD. Oh, the joys of those who trust the LORD, who have no confidence in the proud or in those who worship idols. Psalm 40:1-4

Smooth Path
Hiking near Parker, Arizona
In the Old Testament Isaiah wrote about God providing a smooth path. To me that is like a way out.
But for those who are righteous, the way is not steep and rough. You are a God who does what is right, and you smooth out the path ahead of them. Isaiah 26:7
God has a plan…and He will make a way of escape for you…a way out so that you can endure. It will be a smooth path—not steep or rough that will lead you out of despair. Can you trust Him?  Many people will see what the Lord has done…and will trust Him. I trust Him to provide a way out of any temptation. I can endure.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I am thankful for all that You have provided for me…physically and spiritually. You are an awesome and faithful God. I trust you to come quickly and help me. Thank you for always hearing my prayers.  

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 5-8

© 2019 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

No comments: