Tuesday, July 23, 2019

The Presence of God


Memory Verse:
Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me. Do not banish me from your presence, and don't take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and make me willing to obey you. Psalm 51:10-12

Do not banish me from your presence….
Where is the presence of God? Is God only in heaven…or is He here with me now…always and forever?
Don't make rash promises, and don't be hasty in bringing matters before God. After all, God is in heaven, and you are here on earth. So let your words be few. Ecclesiastes 5:2

I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety. ... You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever. 
Psalm 16:8-9, 11

The Holy Mount in Jerusalem.
Is God's presence there...or is He with you wherever you are?
Who may climb the mountain of the LORD? Who may stand in his holy place? Only those whose hands and hearts are pure, who do not worship idols and never tell lies. They will receive the LORD's blessing and have a right relationship with God their savior. Such people may seek you and worship in your presence, O God of Jacob. Psalm 24:3-6

But let the godly rejoice. Let them be glad in God's presence. Let them be filled with joy. Psalm 68:3

Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence. Ephesians 3:12

How we thank God for you! Because of you we have great joy as we enter God's presence.
1 Thessalonians 3:9 

And we know that the Son of God has come, and he has given us understanding so that we can know the true God. And now we live in fellowship with the true God because we live in fellowship with his Son, Jesus Christ. He is the only true God, and he is eternal life. 1 John
5:20

Seek the LORD while you can find him. Call on him now while he is near. Isaiah 55:6

The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all [people] life and breath and all things; and He made from one [man] every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined [their] appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation, that they would seek God, if perhaps they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us; for in Him we live and move and exist, as even some of your own poets have said, 'For we also are His children.' Acts 17:24-28 NASB

Those who seek—really look for—the Lord will find Him. They will come into His presence.

Job was wanting to find God, yet he was afraid in His presence.
If only I knew where to find God, I would go to his court. I would lay out my case and present my arguments. Then I would listen to his reply and understand what he says to me. Would he use his great power to argue with me? No, he would give me a fair hearing. Honest people can reason with him, so I would be forever acquitted by my judge. I go east, but he is not there. I go west, but I cannot find him. I do not see him in the north, for he is hidden. I look to the south, but he is concealed. "But he knows where I am going. And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold. For I have stayed on God's paths; I have followed his ways and not turned aside. I have not departed from his commands, but have treasured his words more than daily food. But once he has made his decision, who can change his mind? Whatever he wants to do, he does. So he will do to me whatever he has planned. He controls my destiny. No wonder I am so terrified in his presence. When I think of it, terror grips me. Job 23:3-15
Trust is the key to finding God…in the midst of life. Trust Him.
By his death, Jesus opened a new and life-giving way through the curtain into the Most Holy Place. And since we have a great High Priest who rules over God's house, let us go right into the presence of God with sincere hearts fully trusting him. For our guilty consciences have been sprinkled with Christ's blood to make us clean, and our bodies have been washed with pure water. Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep his promise. Hebrews 10:20-23

Prayer ~ Lord, How we thank You! Because of You we have great joy as we enter Your presence.
1 Thessalonians 3:9

Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 31-34
© 2019 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍


No comments: