Thursday, July 18, 2019

Remember…You Must Be Holy


Memory Verse:
But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. For the Scriptures say, "You must be holy because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:15-16

You must be holy because I am holy. This verse is in Leviticus 11:44-45, 19:2, 20:7.
For I am the LORD your God. You must consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. So do not defile yourselves with any of these small animals that scurry along the ground. For I, the LORD, am the one who brought you up from the land of Egypt, that I might be your God. Therefore, you must be holy because I am holy. Leviticus 11:44-45

Give the following instructions to the entire community of Israel. You must be holy because I, the LORD your God, am holy. Leviticus 19:2

So set yourselves apart to be holy, for I am the LORD your God. Keep all my decrees by putting them into practice, for I am the LORD who makes you holy. Leviticus 20:7-8

Holy-Holy-Holy
Be holy. That is a big expectation. Can we do it on our own? No way. Only with the Lord’s help. We can.
For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13
Choose holiness.
And what union can there be between God's temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: "I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people. Therefore, come out from among unbelievers, and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD. Don't touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you. And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the LORD Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:16-18

Because we have these promises, dear friends, let us cleanse ourselves from everything that can defile our body or spirit. And let us work toward complete holiness because we fear God. 2 Corinthians 7:1   (work toward…accomplish)
We can work towards holiness…complete holiness…but we can only accomplish with God’s help. Holiness unto the Lord.

Choose holiness as you memorize this scripture.
But now you must be holy in everything you do,
just as God who chose you is holy.
For the Scriptures say,
"You must be holy
because I am holy."
1 Peter 1:15-16
Holy, holy, holy.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I praise You for it is from You that all blessings flow…to all creatures here below. I praise You above all heavenly hosts…Praise Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 23-27
© 2019 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. đź‘Ť

No comments: