Tuesday, February 26, 2019

God is a Promise Keeper


For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 6:23

God Loved the World So Much.
This Cross is from Ecuador.
What is happening in our world?
Earthquakes...be prepared.
Love God...and your neighbor.
Eternal Life. God gave us a promise about His Son and His gift in the classic scripture that explains God’s love for mankind.
For God loved the world so much that he gave his 
one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him. There is no judgment against anyone who believes in him. But anyone who does not believe in him has already been judged for not believing in God's one and only Son. John 3:16-18
We can trust God that He is a promise keeper. Those who believe will be saved from judgment.

Jesus was challenged about eternal life by religious leaders.
One day an expert in religious law stood up to test Jesus by asking him this question: "Teacher, what should I do to inherit eternal life?" Jesus replied, "What does the law of Moses say? How do you read it?" The man answered, "'You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your strength, and all your mind.' And, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'" "Right!" Jesus told him. "Do this and you will live!" Luke 10:25-28
Obedience. That is a key element. Faith. Belief. Obedience. Wrap those up in the Son of God. Intertwine God’s love for mankind, the obedience of Jesus to be the sacrifice for the sins of mankind, and the faith that we have to have to believe that Jesus is truly our Savior. That wraps up the free gift from God of eternal life. Will you accept and open that gift?

Prayer ~ O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! I can never escape from your Spirit! I can never get away from your presence! If I go up to heaven, you are there; if I go down to the grave, you are there. If I ride the wings of the morning, if I dwell by the farthest oceans, even there your hand will guide me, and your strength will support me. Psalm 139:1-10.
You are an awesome God providing me with the wonderful gift of eternal life through Your Son, Jesus Christ. Thank you.

Daily Bible Reading: Numbers 7

© 2019 Text and Photos by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
www.blueletterbible.org/dailyreading

No comments: