Thursday, January 7, 2016

Study and Reflect

I will study Your commandments and reflect on Your ways. I will delight in Your decrees and not forget Your word. Be good to Your servant, that I may live and obey Your word. Open my eyes to see the wonderful truths in Your instructions. ... Your laws please me; they give me wise advice. Psalm 119:15-18, 24

When you “listen” to the Lord try to record…write down what it is that He is telling you and reflect on how you can apply it to your life. Some people call this “journaling”—but it doesn’t have to be complicated and that word can be intimidating. I’ve done this recording and reflecting from time to time and in particular Bible Study groups. Just note the scripture passage and what God was specifically telling you. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 NASB. The more you “work” at learning God’s word and digging deeper, the more you will gain from your studies. I’ve found that the more I knew…the more I wanted to know. It helps to have someone with whom to share that knowledge. Maybe that where finding a mentor…or someone you can mentor…would be beneficial. Additionally there are journals available to help you record your notes…but actually any notebook or even loose-leaf paper in a binder would be OK to use. You can note your prayers to God in the same notebook. Then after a few weeks of recording your thoughts and prayers you should be able to note which prayer requests have been answered and your progress in finding God’s will for your life or whatever…. God is good. Seek Him and you will find Him. He has promised that He will never leave you or forsake you. His laws are complete…covering all situations in life…and giving each of us wise advice…as we seek and serve Him.  

Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, reign down on me Your living word that I would know Your words and obey them.

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: