Saturday, January 30, 2016

God Rescues

"Yes, God does these things again and again for people. He rescues them from the grave so they may enjoy the light of life. Mark this well, Job. Listen to me, for I have more to say. But if you have anything to say, go ahead. Speak, for I am anxious to see you justified. But if not, then listen to me. Keep silent and I will teach you wisdom!" Job 33:29-33

Elihu was giving Job more advice…listen to me. He thinks he has something to say. He wants to teach Job about wisdom. He goes on to say…Now listen to me if you are wise. Pay attention to what I say.  Job 34:16. If you are wise…listen. Listen…if you are wise. It goes in a circle. Listening is the key. LISTEN. We can’t learn about wisdom without listening to others…nor can we impart wisdom without listening. Let the wise listen to these proverbs and become even wiser. Let those with understanding receive guidance by exploring the meaning in these proverbs and parables, the words of the wise and their riddles. Proverbs 1:5-6.

More wisdom from Elihu….
Listen to me, you who have understanding. Everyone knows that God doesn't sin! The Almighty can do no wrong. He repays people according to their deeds. He treats people as they deserve. Truly, God will not do wrong. The Almighty will not twist justice. Did someone else put the world in His care? Who set the whole world in place? If God were to take back His spirit and withdraw His breath, all life would cease, and humanity would turn again to dust.  Job 34:10-15.
Humanity would turn to dust…if…we don’t listen to God.

Prayer ~ Lord, open my ears that I would hear You…and those wise people that You send my way to instruct me with wisdom. In turn, may I listen to those around me and hear what they are saying…and may I be prepared to give them any wise words that You would have me share.

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: