Thursday, January 21, 2016

Gifts All Year Around

God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy to those who please him….. Ecclesiastes 2:26

God gives Wisdom, Knowledge and Joy…what great gifts! I’ll take those any time of the year…not just for my birthday or Christmas. Wisdom and knowledge are what I long for…what we all search for…and what we gradually get when we study and in life situations as we live through experiences and hopefully gain something from those experiences. Some people seem to gain more than others. Why is that? Do they just learn from their mistakes and successes…or is God giving them a special gift? Either way…we need to be attuned to our lives in ways that we don’t repeat our mistakes. I’m preaching to the choir…myself…here. I have found that I continually need to surrender my anger to the Lord…otherwise it gets me into trouble. Have you ever found yourself in that situation? I’d rather have joy than anger! The key here is to please God.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I give You my anger and ask that once again as You cleanse my heart that You would fill me with Your joy…and give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding that I wouldn’t take back that anger…that I would learn from this experience.

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: