Sunday, January 31, 2016

Do You Question God’s Wisdom?

Who is this that questions My wisdom with such ignorant words? Brace yourself like a man, because I have some questions for you, and you must answer them. Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth? Tell me, if you know so much. Job 38:2-4

How could anyone question God’s wisdom and use such ignorant words…words without knowledge?   God was asking this of Job. Have you ever questioned God…or His wisdom? It doesn’t seem like a very wise thing to do—sort of insulting to God. We certainly were not around when He created the world.  Actually Job’s friends questioned Job’s holiness or righteousness more than Job questioned God’s wisdom. Job just wanted to know why he was being given such awful trials—having his family and livestock taken from him and being stricken with painful boils. He wanted someone to mediate between God and himself. Here is what Job said earlier…God is not a mortal like me, so I cannot argue with Him or take Him to trial. If only there were a mediator between us, someone who could bring us together. The mediator could make God stop beating me, and I would no longer live in terror of His punishment. Then I could speak to Him without fear, but I cannot do that in my own strength.  Job 9:32-35. Jesus became that mediator…and still arbitrates for us with the Father.

Prayer ~ Thank You Jesus for going to the Father on our behalf. Please continue to guide and direct our thoughts, words, and actions. May we be blessed with wisdom…as well as stamina, trust, humility, and joy as we seek to serve You. May we always have the utmost respect for God and His wise words.

Weekly Wisdom Quote…
Six essential qualities that are the key to success: Sincerity, personal integrity, humility, courtesy, wisdom, charity.                                          William Claire Menninger, Psychiatrist

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: