Saturday, March 15, 2014

God is Omniscient

Day 15 of 30 days of Praying the Name and Attributes of God

O LORD, you have examined my heart and know everything about me. You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my thoughts even when I'm far away. You see me when I travel and when I rest at home. You know everything I do. You know what I am going to say even before I say it, LORD. You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too great for me to understand! Psalm 139:1-6 NLT 

I remember hearing this term “omniscient” for the first time when I was studying to be confirmed in my church as a teenager. Knows everything.  It takes a pretty big God to know everything about every one—and everything in the world. Wow. That was mind boggling then…and it still is. That God knows what I’m going to say before I say it sometimes helps me to control my tongue…and not say the wrong thing. Sometimes. Knowing that God is always with me has been comforting during times of stress and is a promise I claim often…I will never leave you or forsake you. Hebrews 13:5. It isn’t just that God won’t abandon me…He wants to maintain a relationship with me. He cares enough about me to promise that. How encouraging is that from a God who is omniscient? 

RSVP: God is offering you an invitation today to know Him—to worship Him, the omniscient God of the Universe. How will you respond to Him today? 

Prayer~ God, now I see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but someday I will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as You God now know me completely. 1 Corinthians 13:12 NLT 

Happy Birthday, Kim!
May God continue to richly bless you.
He loves you and we love you!

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: