Tuesday, January 28, 2014

I AM...the Messiah

The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming (He who is called Christ); when that One comes, He will declare all things to us." Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He." At this point His disciples came, and they were amazed that He had been speaking with a woman, yet no one said, "What do You seek?" or, "Why do You speak with her?" So the woman left her waterpot, and went into the city and said to the men, "Come, see a man who told me all the things that I have done; this is not the Christ, is it?" John 4:25-29

Jesus told her that He is the Messiah. He rarely revealed Himself as the Messiah to anyone. Earlier Andrew told his brother that he had found the Messiah--the Christ--and then he and Simon Peter followed Jesus as His disciples. At Caesarea Philippi, later in His ministry, Jesus asked His disciples..."But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered and said to Him, "You are the Christ." Mark 8:29. When Lazarus had died, Jesus went to see Martha and Mary. In conversation with Martha Jesus asks her if she believes...Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?" She said to Him, "Yes, Lord; I have believed that You are the Christ, the Son of God, even He who comes into the world." John 11:25-27 Who do you say Jesus is?

RSVP: Jesus asks us today...Who do you say that I am? How will you respond?

Prayer~ Jesus, You have revealed Yourself to me...to us. Help us to know You better and to serve You by showing others the truth and the way.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: