Friday, April 23, 2021

Who is Your Friend?

Meditate. Consider who your closest friends are and how you treat each other.

There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. John 15:13-16 

Do you intentionally choose your friends? I think that friendships develop…and we do intentionally choose with whom we spend time. We get to know people…and they become friends. As we get to know Jesus, He becomes our friend…but here in the focus scripture today John tells us that Jesus choose us. He wants us to be His friends, if we do what He has commanded…if we do what His Father has told Him. All things exist, were created and continue because of God the Father…and through His Son, our Lord Jesus Christ…and  of course, the Holy Spirit, too.

…yet for us there is [only] one God, the Father, from whom are all things, and we [exist] for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we [exist] through Him. 1 Corinthians 8:6 NASB

Are you choosing to have Jesus for your friend…as He has chosen you? What are you doing to develop that friendship? Spend time with Him today…and get to know your best friend.

Prayer ~ Lord God, I am so pleased that You choose me to be Your friend. Help me, dear friend, to see clearly all that I need to do to honor You…and the Father.

Verse of Salvation ~ We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love. Romans 5:3-5

Friday’s Feasting at the King’s Table

Blueberry blossoms
giving hope for the summer harvest.



It is Friday again already!

We can’t live on bread alone. What is it your heart craves to eat? How about some fresh produce? The best place to choose food is the outside perimeter of the grocery store. Fresh is best—not in those isles where processed food it stocked. Read the labels. Is it something you want to have in your body? Will it honor God? Would you serve it to your best friend? 

I’m having some fresh blueberries from the store today…as I watch the bushes in my yard start to get their blossoms and give me hope for some fresh berries of our own this summer. 


© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
New American Standard Bible (NASB) 2020. Copyright © 1960, 1962, 1963, 1968, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1995, 2020 
by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, Calif. All rights reserved. http://www.lockman.org

 Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback at Amazon.com

No comments: