Monday, April 12, 2021

Go With Healing Hands

Meditate. Are you listening to Jesus’ command?

These snakes are ready to be eaten.
Handle with care. 


And then he told them, "Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. Anyone who believes and is baptized will be saved. But anyone who refuses to believe will be condemned. These miraculous signs will accompany those who believe: They will cast out demons in my name, and they will speak in new languages. They will be able to handle snakes with safety, and if they drink anything poisonous, it won't hurt them. They will be able to place their hands on the sick, and they will be healed." Mark 16:15-18

Go and preach. Everyone can “go” but can we all “preach” as Jesus commanded? We are assured by Jesus as He sent out His disciples that the Holy spirit will give us the words. But note that the passage below says “when” we are arrested. But going to preach is not the same as being arrested… or is it? At any rate, whatever we ask for in Jesus name, we will be granted—Jesus promised.

When you are arrested, don't worry about how to respond or what to say. God will give you the right words at the right time. For it is not you who will be speaking--it will be the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. Matthew 10:19-20

 

I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, so that the Son can bring glory to the Father. Yes, ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it! John 14:12-14

So—go preach. Tell the world… beginning with those nearest you… about Jesus. What can you say? Tell them what Jesus has done in your own life. A personal testimony has so much power. Also tell them about the Savior. Everyone has stress in their lives… troubles. Jesus can be trusted with those troubles. Give them to Him. Believing in Jesus ensures a place in God’s Heavenly home. Trust Him.

"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. ... Jesus told him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me." John 14:1-3, 6

Jesus promised His disciples, and us, power when we believe in Him. I have seen and personally experienced healing when Christians laid their hands on others and prayed. Prayer is powerful. Try it. I’m not going to go around picking up snakes, as Jesus mentioned—but in the case of a snake bite… trust Him to take care of it. Remember that Jesus said He will do what we ask for in His name that the Father would be glorified. Glory be to the Father!

Prayer ~ Lord God—Through this blog I’m praying for those who read it to know You more… and to go and tell others about You, too. Heavenly Father, may You be glorified by all that we think, say and do. May the rooms in Your Heavenly home fill up with those who know and love You.

Verse of Salvation ~ For the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people. And we are instructed to turn from godless living and sinful pleasures. We should live in this evil world with wisdom, righteousness, and devotion to God, while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds. Titus 2:11-14

© 2021 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation.
Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character

Available as an e-book or paperback atAmazon.com 

No comments: