Thursday, August 20, 2020

Keep Your Distance – God Does

Meditate.
Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud. Though I am surrounded by troubles, you will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out your hand, and the power of your right hand saves me. The LORD will work out his plans for my life—for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don't abandon me, for you made me. Psalm 138:6-8

Are you practicing “social distancing” keeping six feet from others…and wearing your mask? I thought this scripture that indicates that God keeps His distance from the proud was interesting. Are those who are “proud” the ones who are social distancing? Everyone should be keeping their distance to keep the spread of the COVID-19 at bay. Scientists have indicated that the spray from a cough or sneeze can spread at least six feet. An acquaintance who smokes said that his smoke travel more than six feet, we should be staying even further away! Mask up! Keep your distance. 

Open the gate to the purpose of life.
Gate at the Garden of Gethsemane.
Israel
This focus passage today indicates that Lord has plans for my life—and for your life, too. He has a purpose for each of us. It is up to us to discover what that purpose is. Personally, after 70 years you’d think I’d have this figured out…but I continue to search for just what it is that God wants me to do on a daily basis.

But you, my dear friends, must remember what the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ said. They told you that in the last times there would be scoffers whose purpose in life is to satisfy their ungodly desires. These people are the ones who are creating divisions among you. They follow their natural instincts because they do not have God's Spirit in them. But you, dear friends, must build each other up in your most holy faith, pray in the power of the Holy Spirit, and await the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ, who will bring you eternal life. In this way, you will keep yourselves safe in God's love. And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. Jude 1:17-22 (Underlined for emphasis.)

The scoffers’ purpose in life is to follow ungodly desires. That is not my desire—how about you? Is the desire of your life, your purpose in life to build up other Christians, show mercy to others, pray and keep safe in God’s love?  The Lord will work out His plan for my life…even if it is day by day. I know that He will not abandon me…He will never leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). Jesus promised that He will be with us to the end of the age. He will not keep His distance from the humble, those He loves.

Prayer ~  Lord, continue to show me Your plan, Your purpose for my life, day by day, minute by minute...how I can serve You, by serving others.

Verse of Salvation ~ Jesus said…"I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life." John 5:24

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍


Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character
available at Amazon.com

No comments: