Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Message From Beyond the Grave

Meditate on this passage that Isaiah wrote in prophesy from the Lord.

Someone may say to you, "Let's ask the mediums and those who consult the spirits of the dead. With their whisperings and mutterings, they will tell us what to do." But shouldn't people ask God for guidance? Should the living seek guidance from the dead? Look to God's instructions and teachings! People who contradict his word are completely in the dark. Isaiah 8:19-20

After my sister died in 1989 I was tasked with cleaning out her house. I found this message taped to her refrigerator. I felt like it was a message that she left for me—a reminder of the importance of love and what to do to keep it going. Her advice to me…from the grave. But I wasn’t searching or seeking any message…any guidance from the dead. She gave me this message anyway. I have relied on these words often in the last thirty years.

There are twelve words that keep a love going:
    I am wrong.
    I am sorry.
    Please forgive me.
    I love you.
                                                Cliff Barrows

Cliff Barrows was a long-time member of Billy Graham’s evangelism team beginning in 1946.
The twelve words can be summed up in a few verses.

Then Saul confessed, "I have sinned. Come back home, my son, and I will no longer try to harm you, for you valued my life today. I have been a fool and very, very wrong." 1 Samuel 26:21

But I confess my sins; I am deeply sorry for what I have done. Psalm 38:18

…be kind to each other, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, just as God through Christ has forgiven you. Ephesians 4:3

After breakfast Jesus asked Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you love me more than these?" "Yes, Lord," Peter replied, "you know I love you." "Then feed my lambs," Jesus told him. John 21:15

God knows how much I love you and long for you with the tender compassion of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:8

God knows our hearts even before we speak, whether it is to Him or to others. These twelve words can guide our relationships with our family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and even with God Himself. Can you use them in your life today?

Prayer ~ Dear Lord, I am wrong. I am sorry. Please forgive me. I love you. 

Verse of Salvation ~ Jesus, my Savior, told His disciples…and us:

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am. John 14:1-3

 Will you let Jesus be your Savior?

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved. 

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved. 
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org
Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍 

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character available at Amazon.com

No comments: