Saturday, August 1, 2020

Praise the Lord

Meditate on God’s Word…and Praise Him.

Let all that I am praise the LORD; with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name. Let all that I am praise the LORD; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things. My youth is renewed like the eagle's!  Psalm 103:1-5   

Let all that I am praise the Lord—with my whole heart. What a wonderful expression of love to God. Praise Him with all my heart, soul, mind and strength. That is just what He wants us, in fact commanded us, to do. Here’s Moses’ message to the Israelites. He reviewed for them the Ten Commandments and provided details on how to apply those commandments to their lives as they were about to enter the Promised Land. This is also known as the Shema.

Listen, O Israel! The LORD is our God, the LORD alone. And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Deuteronomy 6:4-7

The Shema is recited in Hebrew by Jews for their morning and evening prayers. It is really beautiful in Hebrew. Check it out at the website www.thewordinhebrew.com and YouTube video. May I challenge you to memorize it in Hebrew?

 God has so much for us to learn…about Him and about life. Read on in Psalm 103 about praising the Lord. When I was in High School our school choir sang a song that included Psalm 103. Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me bless His holy name/For He is gracious and plenteous in mercy. Those were the days when we could at least sing and praise God in a public setting. Today, I am singing that song in my heart and mind. He is a gracious God…and He is my God. Is He your God? Do you claim His promises and mercy in your life?

 Prayer ~ Lord God, You are awesome and worthy of praise. Our days on earth are like grass; like wildflowers, we bloom and die. The wind blows, and we are gone--as though we had never been here. But the love of the LORD remains forever with those who fear him. Your salvation extends to the children's children of those who are faithful to Your covenant, of those who obey Your commandments! Psalm 103:15-18. Bless You, O my soul—all that is within me praises Your Holy Name.

Verses of Salvation ~ The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23:1-6

How can a person live in the house of the Lord forever without having Jesus as their Lord and Savior? They can't. Believe in Jesus as your Savior today…while there is still time.

 © 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

 Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character available at Amazon.com


No comments: