Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Confess Your Sin and Have Hope

Meditate today as you walk.

People who conceal their sins will not prosper, but if they confess and turn from them, they will receive mercy. Proverbs 28:13 

Can we hide any sin? Certainly not from God. He sees, hears and knows everything! We might feel like we can “hide” mistakes or sins from others with whom we associate…family or friends. When was the last time that you broke one of the Ten Commandments? Did you covet something that is not yours? That is still one of the big Ten. That is probably one of my biggies. There is not much that I “want” in life—in fact I’d like to get rid of stuff! I’d just like to have less and have it organized. That is probably what I covet most…organization and a simplified life. So now I’m not “concealing” this sin. You all have heard or read my confession. Will God be merciful to me for that? I can only hope.

Unless the LORD had helped me, I would soon have settled in the silence of the grave. I cried out, "I am slipping!" but your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me. When doubts filled my mind, your comfort gave me renewed hope and cheer. Psalm 94:17-19

The Lord gives me hope. How about you?

The Holy Spirit gives us Hope, 
living in us to remind us of Jesus' teaching.
Helping us to obey His commandments.


Prayer ~  I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13 

Verses of Salvation ~ Help us, O God of our salvation! Help us for the glory of your name. Save us and forgive our sins for the honor of your name. Psalm 79:9

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9 

© 2020 Text, photos and illustrations by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.

Unless otherwise indicated, all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996, 2004, 2015 by Tyndale House Foundation. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - https://www.blb.org 

Follow And Like "Banquet With The King" on Facebook. 👍

Parenting Day By Day - Daily Devotional for Building Character 

Available at Amazon.com 

No comments: