Thursday, April 27, 2017

Promise of Love

Those who accept my commandments and obey them are the ones who love me. And because they love me, my Father will love them. And I will love them and reveal myself to each of them." ... Jesus replied, "All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them." John 14:21, 23
 
Jesus told His followers over and over to obey His commandments...to do what He says. Are you one of His followers? Do you do what He says?
 
Prayer ~ Lord God, You said that the greatest commandment was to love God...and to love our neighbor as ourselves. I love you with all of my mind, soul and strength--show me practical ways to love others around me. 

Daily Bible Reading: Psalms 81, 88, 92-93
Friday’s Feast at the King’s Table
Martha, Mary and Lazarus had Jesus as a guest in their home many times. One time that is recorded in Luke 10:38-42 describes Martha pleading with Jesus to have Mary help her get dinner ready. She said...."Don't you care that my sister has abandoned the kitchen to me? Tell her to lend me a hand." The Master said, "Martha, dear Martha, you're fussing far too much and getting yourself worked up over nothing. One thing only is essential, and Mary has chosen it--it is the main course, and won't be taken from her." From The Message.  Only one thing is needed. Mary was getting her "food"--spiritual food sitting at Jesus' feet and listening to His teachings. One thing is enough. That is a good lesson for me--for spiritual food--and for regular food, too. A one dish meal can provide everything that is needed--no need to have ten different dishes. Still I like to please everyone sitting around my table and not everyone has the same tastes. Fish for some, while others prefer beef, chicken or maybe a vegetarian dish. Some like salads or wraps while others desire just meat and potatoes.
Stir It Up
1/4 pound of meat per person, cut into bite-sized portions
1-2 cups of fresh vegetables, chopped into bite-sized chunked
1-2 cloves of garlic, grated on a microplane
1 tbsp olive oil
Water
Herbs and spices of choice
1/2 cup Cooked noodles or rice, optional
Heat oil and add meat, veggies, including garlic. Add other seasonings. Stir until desired doneness is achieved. Don't undercook the meat or over cook the veggies. You may choose to cook each separately, then stir together. Add rice or noodles if desired. Heat thoroughly. Enjoy. One dish is enough. 
© 2017 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.
 

No comments: