Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Pray for Jerusalem—Pray for Eliat

But at last my people will confess their sins and the sins of their ancestors for betraying me and being hostile toward me. When I have turned their hostility back on them and brought them to the land of their enemies, then at last their stubborn hearts will be humbled, and they will pay for their sins. Then I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land. For the land must be abandoned to enjoy its years of Sabbath rest as it lies deserted. At last the people will pay for their sins, for they have continually rejected my regulations and despised my decrees. But despite all this, I will not utterly reject or despise them while they are in exile in the land of their enemies. I will not cancel my covenant with them by wiping them out, for I am the LORD their God. For their sakes I will remember my ancient covenant with their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of all the nations, that I might be their God. I am the LORD. Leviticus 26:40-45 

What wonderful promises that God made to the Israelites. I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land…. I will not utterly reject or despise them…. I will not cancel my covenant with them by wiping them out, for I am the LORD their God. He WILL. Our God is a God of promises. He is faithful to keep His promises and the Israelites are still His chosen people. That has not changed. A little piece of my heart longs to be Jewish. I guess that is why I feel so privileged to be part of God’s adopted family.

So you (I) have not received a spirit that makes you (me) fearful slaves. Instead, you (I) received God's Spirit when He adopted you (me) as His own (child) children. Now we (I) call Him, "Abba, Father. Romans 8:15.

Pray for the people of Israel. The Jews for Jesus organization is headquartered in San Francisco, California, actively seeks worldwide to share that Jesus is the promised Messiah of the Jewish people, jewsforjesus.org. They will soon have a Behold Your God Campaign in Israel. Below is an excerpt from a recent newsletter focusing on Israel programs.

Every year, our missionaries conduct saturation evangelistic campaigns in a different region of Israel in accordance with the call of the prophet Isaiah to “Lift up your voice with strength, lift it up, be not afraid; say to the cities of Judah, ‘Behold your God!’ ” (Isaiah 40:9).

Our 2017 Behold Your God evangelistic campaign is scheduled in the city of Eilat. Many of the Israelis who live in Eilat moved there from the major cities—to find rest, away from the busyness of Tel Aviv or the religiosity of Jerusalem. Yet many of them haven’t found the peace of our Messiah.

Peter Nasser and Vladimir Mitnitsky will be the leaders of the Behold Your God campaign (our eleventh). Pray that the Lord would use these leaders and the campaign to spread the gospel.

Eilat is the southernmost city in Israel. It is a seaport and resort area located on the Red Sea at the Gulf of Aquaba. Pray for the people of that city…and all of the Jews in Israel.

Prayer ~ Lord Jesus, touch the hearts of the Israeli people who are still seeking their Messiah and use these leaders Peter and Vladimir to draw more of Your people to know You personally.

Daily Bible Reading: 1 Samuel 28-31, Psalm 18

© 2017 Text and photo by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: