Monday, February 29, 2016

Leap Into the Last Day…of February

Lent – Day 20
My words are plain to anyone with understanding, clear to those with knowledge. Choose my instruction rather than silver, and knowledge rather than pure gold. For wisdom is far more valuable than rubies. Nothing you desire can compare with it. "I, Wisdom, live together with good judgment. I know where to discover knowledge and discernment." Proverbs 8:9-12

Leap year..leap day. It only happens once every four years. One of my brothers got married on a leap day—their marriage only lasted through about four anniversaries. But 16 years is good for him. Are you doing anything memorable today? Will what you do today make a difference in the life of someone else…tomorrow or four years from now? Are you available to help others…are you willing to give up your time and energy to assist them?

God gives WISDOM. Solomon tells us that Wisdom lives together with good judgment and with that a person can discover knowledge and discernment. As you go through this day ask yourself what is important…WISDOM? GOOD JUDGMENT? KNOWLEDGE? DISCERNMENT? What do you get in life? Solomon also wrote Ecclesiastes…and I find it very pessimistic. Life had reached a level of meaninglessness to him. Even in his struggle with meaning he writes that God give wisdom, knowledge and joy to those who please Him.
So what do people get in this life for all their hard work and anxiety? Their days of labor are filled with pain and grief; even at night their minds cannot rest. It is all meaningless. So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God. For who can eat or enjoy anything apart from him? God gives wisdom, knowledge, and joy to those who please Him. But if a sinner becomes wealthy, God takes the wealth away and gives it to those who please him. This, too, is meaningless--like chasing the wind. - Ecclesiastes 2:22-26
Are you doing what pleases God? I want to joyfully leap into the rest of this year with an attitude of gratefulness to God for all that He provides and has done for me, for my family, friends and for my neighbors. He is good. Being available to God…to be His hands and feet…to show His love and care for others is important to me. How about you?

Prayer ~ Lord, where do You need me today? How can I best serve others for You, today? Give me wisdom to serve You in a way that pleases You—beyond what You expect of me.

© 2016 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New Living Translation (NLT) unless otherwise noted.

Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm.

No comments: