Saturday, April 25, 2015

Precious Oil for Your Head - April 27

Thou anointest my head with oil.... Psalm 23:5 KJV 

In the dry arid desert region of Israel oil was a precious commodity--especially for anyone traveling.  It was a good host who would wash--or have his servants wash--his guests' feet and annoint their head with oil. Shortly before His death Jesus was anointed with an expensive perfume oil. Turning toward the woman, He said to Simon (a Pharisee), "Do you see this woman? I entered your house; you gave Me no water for My feet, but she has wet My feet with her tears and wiped them with her hair. You gave Me no kiss; but she, since the time I came in, has not ceased to kiss My feet. You did not anoint My head with oil, but she anointed My feet with perfume." Luke 7:44-46. Today when people ask for prayer a minister or friend will anoint the person with olive oil before the prayer. There is power in the heartfelt prayer of a believer interceding for a beloved friend or relative. How is your prayer life? Are you anointing others--or just being anointed?
 
Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, give us insight into when we should anoint others in prayer and please speak through us--as You intercede for us to the Heavenly Father. 

© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: