Wednesday, April 29, 2015

All the Days of My Life

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life…. Psalm 23:6 KJV  

The word “goodness” is translated the same as “good,” “better,” and “prosperity” among others from the Hebrew word towb 597 times in the NASB translation. Here are a few of those verses.
Trust in the LORD and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Psalm 37:3
Answer me, O LORD, for Your lovingkindness is good; according to the greatness of Your compassion, turn to me…. Psalm 69:16
For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand outside. I would rather stand at the threshold of the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. Psalm 84:10.
Oh give thanks to the LORD, for He is good, for His lovingkindness is everlasting. Psalm 107:1
Mercy in the KJV is translated 253 times and appears as “lovingkindness” 176 times in the New American Standard Bible, from the Hebrew word checed. In the KJV mercy is translated as kindness, lovingkindness, goodness, merciful, and kindly among other words.
You have granted me life and lovingkindness; and Your care has preserved my spirit. Job 10:12
All the paths of the LORD are lovingkindness and truth to those who keep His covenant and His testimonies. Psalm 25:10
He loves righteousness and justice; The earth is full of the lovingkindness of the LORD. Psalm 33:5
You, O LORD, will not withhold Your compassion from me; Your lovingkindness and Your truth will continually preserve me. Psalm 40:11
Goodness and kindness are also part of the fruit of the Spirit. What more could we ask for but to have these characteristics following us…or being part of us all the rest of our lives? All day…every day.  

There are some days that I don’t see enough goodness and kindness in my life—that is flowing out of my life. We all make choices and I’ll admit that some of mine aren’t always the best. But God is good…and with His mercy and goodness comes forgiveness. I thank Him for that. His lovingkindness is everlasting.  

Prayer ~ Heavenly Father, please forgive me for making poor choices earlier today…in my words and actions. Guide me in all that I think, say and do that I would be more pleasing to You the rest of this day…and all the days of my life. I want to honor You.

© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: