Saturday, April 25, 2015

Shepherd's Tools - April 25

Thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalm 23:4 KJV

The shepherd's rod and staff are particularly important to the sheep and the shepherd. That 'ole shepherd can fight off wild animals--like David did--with the rod. Whack! Get out of here you evil wolf, lion or dog! And now that little lamb has fallen into a hole between those rocks--and I just can't reach her. Wait the crook of my staff will just fit down there and I can lift her out. The lamb is grateful to have been rescued from harm, comforted by the loving care of the shepherd. That is the same loving care that I see the Holy Spirit providing for us. Do we give comforting care to those whom we shepherd? Think about that. Who do you "shepherd?" How could you protect or rescue them? We don't carry around rods or staffs--but spiritually speaking there is one important tool--PRAYER. 

Prayer ~ Holy Spirit, protect and comfort my friends, family and neighbors, as well as me. Show me how I can be a comfort to others around me. Particularly, heal and strengthen my friend, J, and guide her with your perfect peace as she walks with You. Shalom. 

© 2015 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.
Biblical search from Blue Letter Bible - http://v3.blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

No comments: