Saturday, May 31, 2014

Chosen to Bear Fruit

You did not choose Me but I chose you, and appointed you that you would go and bear fruit, and that your fruit would remain, so that whatever you ask of the Father in My name He may give to you. John 15:16 

Chosen to bear fruit. So what kind of fruit do you bear? Apple, orange, banana, mango, blueberry, raspberry, kiwi, or that smelly durian? The fruit of the Spirit to which Jesus was most likely referring is listed in Galatians 5:23-23. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23. That kind of fruit is certainly tasty to the spirit, if not to the tongue. Who of us doesn’t crave love, joy and peace in our lives…as well as kindness and self-control in ourselves and others around us? Being chosen has always made me feel so special. From the billions of people that God created, I have been chosen to be part of His family. Of course I responded—YES! Read 1 Peter 1 and 2 Thessalonians 2 for more encouragement in being chosen. 

But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth. It was for this He called you through our gospel, that you may gain the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. So then, brethren, stand firm and hold to the traditions which you were taught, whether by word of mouth or by letter from us. 2 Thessalonians 2:13-15. 

RSVP: Jesus has chosen you. How will you respond to His message today? 

Prayer~ Jesus, my Shepherd and my Savior, I hear Your voice and I praise You. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Allow me to bear much fruit for You. That is my prayer to Our Heavenly Father. Let me love others, as You have loved me, not with stinky fruit, but with joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. 

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: