Sunday, May 4, 2014

May 4 – How's Your Hearing?

"I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. If anyone hears My sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day. For I did not speak on My own initiative, but the Father Himself who sent Me has given Me a commandment as to what to say and what to speak. I know that His commandment is eternal life; therefore the things I speak, I speak just as the Father has told Me." John 12:46-50

How's your hearing? That is..how's your spiritual hearing? Have you heard what Jesus was saying? Jesus was asked...Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. Love God...and love others. Love is the key. So how can we show love to others? Put them first--Romans 12 gives us some examples, including...For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Put others first--and treat others the way you want to be treated.

RSVPJesus is calling you to hear that His Father's commandments lead to eternal life. Respond to His light and life giving words--and then share them with others. Show your love for others by sharing Jesus with them.

Prayer~ Jesus, You are an awesome God and I hear Your voice telling me to love others--to share Your words of eternal life. I discovered today that as I treat my husband with kindness, others see it and see Your love in action. For that I give You glory, honor and praise. Thanks again for your healing touch on Jerry. Please continue to give him strength...and most of all a restful night. 

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: