Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7 – I AM Messiah

I tell you this beforehand, so that when it happens you will believe that I AM the Messiah. I tell you the truth, anyone who welcomes my messenger is welcoming me, and anyone who welcomes me is welcoming the Father who sent me." John 13:19-20 NLT

Jesus is telling His disciples and us directly and specifically that He is The Messiah. The long awaited Christ the Savior for the Jewish people. Were they not listening? Hadn't they heard this before? Christ occurs 532 times in the King James Version of the New Testament. The Christ was to be the savior, but people were looking for a political hero--not a spiritual savior. What does Messiah or Christ mean to you? Is Jesus your Savior--a spiritual savior or are you still searching. Jesus declared that He was telling the truth-- that was a common statement for Him to make and soon He would tell them that He is Truth. He cannot lie, but He leaves it up to each individual as to whether they believe in Him--in His words and teachings.

RSVP: Jesus is challenging those who hear His words to welcome Him into their lives--and thus get to know His Father, too. How will you respond to Him today?

Prayer~ Jesus, I praise and thank you that you challenge us to know you...to have a personal relationship with you. I do believe that you are the Messiah--first to the Jewish people...and then to everyone.

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: