Sunday, May 11, 2014

Heart Troubles

Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. John 14:1

How appropriate that this verse would be my verse of today…since it was one of my Mom’s favorite verses. Believe in God…for God is love.

But anyone who does not love does not know God, for God is love. ... We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love. God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. - 1 John 4:8, 16 NLT

So don’t fret and worry…God loves you. Don’t be burdened with the cares of the world…God loves you. My Mom was a good example of one knew that God loved her and cared about what she cared about. Once when Jesus spoke to a crowd of people, He said…"Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light." Matthew 11:28-30 NLT. I recently experienced having someone come alongside of me—sharing my burden. A dear lady, Loretta, took me back and forth to the hospital where my husband was in Portugal and along the way we shared stories of how the Lord has been working in our lives. To me that was like having Jesus Himself share my burden. How do you give your cares and your worries to Jesus? Pray…and let go of them or at least let Him come alongside of you and share your burden. He may be there in the form of one of His devoted servants.
 
RSVP: Jesus is offering to help you today. Will you allow Him to share whatever is troubling you?

Prayer~ Jesus, I give You my worries of today…my decisions as to what to do tomorrow. Thank You for caring enough about me to come alongside of me and help me think things out rationally and logically. I know I can’t do everything alone.

Happy Mother’s Day!

© 2014 by Mickey M. Hunacek. All rights reserved.
All scripture quoted from the New American Standard Bible (NASB) unless otherwise noted.

No comments: